Sunday 3 June 2012

This Weekend


Has gone so fast.  As  you know my oldest granddaughter was here with me this weekend. We did a lot of things together. It rained most of the weekend so there was no work done outside at all. Yesterday my parents came over for a visit.  A lot of the time was spent with them.

 My parent are from Croatia we came over 47 years ago. Although we are real Aussie's now, our parents hold on to some of  the old ways. Not that I complain,  a lot of what I practise come from my parents. They may not have used terms like Up cycling or sustainability never the less they practised it. I remember as a young child helping my Mother weed the garden and plant seedlings in spring.

So I guess it is no surprise that when we came to Australia my Mother continued with gardening only being limited by where we lived and how much of an area we could turn into a veggie patch. All our  clothes were mended and worn over and over again. Food was not thrown out but used up so that there was no waste.

Anyway while they were here mum cooked a Croatian bean stew that was wonder full. While mum cooked this Jess and I made jam. I promised that we would do it soon and yesterday was the perfect day for this so we made Cherry Guava and Lilly Pilly jam. Sorry no photos still have to get used to thinking ahead about what I want to blogg about.

Today we made a raspberry pudding  and a batch of chocolate biscuits they both tasted really good but it was decided that we are not pudding people.

Jess getting the biscuits ready for baking


That's it for tonight
I have a pink and white hat for a new born to finish.

That's it folks.

No comments: