Sunday 22 July 2012

Sewing Sunday

Today I made a conscious decision not to do any work outside in the garden as I have been neglecting the housework. So today was a day that I ironed 3 baskets, tidied and cleaned the house. Not bad for someone who would rather garden than do house work.


Later in the day I hit the craft room and did a bit of a tidy up as the place had become so messy and overrun with started projects and items of clothing that needed repairs.
Why do my husbands jeans all have pockets on one side that come off?

Repaired four pairs of my husbands jeans all of them had pockets that needed to be sown back on I don;t get it. They also needed holes darned and hems repaired. But the good thing is that I don't need to buy new jeans now. Unless I find some on sale and buy them for next winter.

I also took up two pairs of new jeans for me to wear to work. Did a few more repairs to items that have been in the craft room for a while. This is so good that I promise to do more of the same next weekend.



While I tidied the craft room Jessica did some sowing of her own,

This is Jessica's first patch work quilt.
The quilt is a for Emily so that she can put her doll to bed. Last time Jessica was at her cousins house she noticed how much Emily enjoys playing with her doll.

I need to work on my photography skills as the photos are not great but you can see how much jJess enjoyed doing this.

Till next time!

No comments: