Saturday 28 July 2012

Catching up on gardening

Saturday was spent working hard on the veggie patch I lost a lot of production time last month due to rain on the weekends. So I am working furiously to catch up.
This is what the strawberry patch looked like before.

I cleaned up the strawberry patch then added mushroom compost and liquid fed them. Michael rotary hoed two of my beds for me.
This is what it looks like now


 In one we sowed spring onions and bock choy as well as winter lettuce.
Weeded the garlic bed and finished mulching some of the more tropical plants.

Last week I tidied up the berries and the Kiwi fruit and finally the garden is starting to look more like it should.

The strawberry patch is under the net on the right.
Under the green shade cloth our new batch of potatoes which need cover until the frost is over. There is still plenty of work to do but it is shaping up nicely. Still more mushroom compost to be spread around the garden. In the background you can see the mandarins that we are still eating now. Still lots of weeding to do but things are progressing and I am pleased.

Till next time.

No comments: